Friday, March 03, 2006

The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades

I'm sitting in Dark Horse Recording Studios in Franklin, TN, helping record Roy "Future Man" Wooten for his upcoming NOTION percussion kit with Eric, Max, and David. The following is a message from Roy, feverishly typed out by yours truly.

"Hi to everyone in blogland. I'm hanging out with the cool people from NOTION, and we are working on drum sounds of my very own, courtesy of Pearl Drums and Sabian cymbals. I have my good friend Raymond Massey to help tune the drums, and get a killer sound for this new NOTION product. I'm looking forward to you guys getting a chance to hear it. I'm working on a symphonic remix of original material featuring rappers and beats and a whole lot of fun. So I look forward to incorporating these drum sounds into the remix score. So get your thinking caps and your dancing shoes on. Peace."

We've had a lot of fun today. Roy is doing such a great job, as are the engineers here at Dark Horse. The sounds are going to be extraordinary, and we look forward to working on them once we all get back to the office on Monday. Stay tuned for pictures form the session. Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home